MESBG Battle Company Speed Campaign
- This event has passed.
MESBG Battle Company Speed Campaign
September 9, 2023 @ 10:00 am - 7:00 pm$10.00
Players will build a starting battle company using the tables in the Battle Companies Rulebook but with the following additions:
o Each player will have 3 influence points that can spent on either a reinforcement roll or equipment for their starting warband.
o Each player’s leader model will have 5 experience points that must be used when building your starting warband.
• Players must keep track of all changes to their warband and models on their warband roster throughout the event. Players can use a physical copy of their warband and models, but they may also use the online warband manager as well. https://battle-companies-manager.com/
•Players must be able to easily identify specific models in the company. This can be a simple as painting a base a different color, numbers, or specific items painted differently on a model.
• Players should share their updated warband roster to their opponent before each game.
• All steps of the WAR’S AFTERMATH must be completed immediately following the completion of your game and in the presence of your opponent including all rolls and changes made.
• Both players must turn in their round result sheets together when they have completed the WAR’S AFTERMATH.
• Rounds will consist of 55 minutes for the scenario and 20 minutes for the WAR’S AFTERMATH.
• If a player does not have an appropriate model to represent a reinforcement rolled for then treat the result as nothing instead.
• If a player does not have an appropriate model to represent a promoted model than treat the result as a “No Effect” instead.
• Any Dead or Lost in Battle results rolled for injuries become Miss the Next Game results instead.
• Against the Odds bonus will be used and must be determined by players prior to the start of each round.
While proxy models are allowed, all models must display the correct weapon/shield/bow for the model that they are representing. They must also be clearly distinct from other similar models of the same weapon type. For example, for a Mordor Battle Company each different type of Orc must be represented by an appropriately distinct model. As in, a Mordor Orc and a Morannon Orc must be two distinct types of Orc style model.
Multiple players are welcome to take the same Battle Company Force.
As Against the Odds is in play, all pairings will be fully randomized and not based on any score or rating. However, you will only play each opponent once.
1. Role for injuries (see Battle Companies Book: Page 10-11)
a. Dead or lost in battle result become missed the next game instead.
b. Record all injuries on your roster.
c. On the round result sheet, record the number of injuries rolled ignoring Full Recovery, The
Wounds of a Hero or Protected by the Valar results
2. Determine experience (use the experience guidelines below instead of those in the official Battle
a. Hero Experience (Determine for each hero & record on your roster.)
i. Each wound caused even if prevented by fate = 2 experience points
ii. Participates in a battle = 4 experience points
iii. Heroes Battle Company wins a scenario = 2 experience points
b. Warrior Experience (Determine for each warrior & record on your roster.)
i. One or more wounds caused even if prevented by fate = 2 experience points
ii. Participates in a battle = 3 experience points
iii. Warriors Battle Company wins a scenario = 2 experience points
3. Determine influence (record on roster; use the guidelines below instead of those in the official Battle
a. Influence points possible
i. Your battle company participates in a scenario = 4 influence points
ii. Your battle company gets a win in the scenario = 3 influence points
iii. Your battle company gets a draw in the scenario = 2 influence points
b. Spends influence points and record on your roster (page 8 of Battle Companies book)
4. Calculate battle company rating (record on roster; see page 9 in the Battle Companies book)
Each scenario will be randomly rolled (1 scenario for all tables) before the start of a round. However, the following scenarios will NOT be used, and will be re-rolled:
The Wolves Attack
Tame the Beast
The reason is, given the time limit, that these scenarios require far greater extra items to make work and are quite unlikely to be completed in the 55 minutes.
Additionally, while there will not be a map used, after rounds 1 and 3 have been completed each player will roll a d30 (duplicates allowed) and earn the appropriate map based boon.
Finally, as there may a bye given, it will be recorded as a win with all appropriate models participating with no injuries on any models or wounds caused.
10:00am-10:30am – Arrival and Setup
10:30am-11:45am – Round 1
11:45am-12:30pm – Lunch
12:30pm-1:45pm – Round 2
2:00pm-3:15pm – Round 3
3:30pm-4:45pm – Round 4
5pm Awards Ceremony
#1 will go to the player with the most amount of experience points gained over all their models.
#2 will go to the player with the most amount of injuries sustained over the campaign.