Paint-A-Palooza Spring 2024
Paint-A-Palooza Spring 2024
March 16 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 pmFree – $25.00
Greetings and Saturations Painters, we are shaking things up for Paint-A-Palooza 2024! Read on for the details:
What is Changing
Paint-A-Palooza 2024 will move from being a full, single weekend event to being three separate all-day Saturday events. These events will be spread throughout the year in Spring, Summer, and Fall.
We will not be hosting classes during these events as in previous years. This will allow our Paint Instructors to be more accessible during the event for chatting, one-on-one teaching, and feedback. And it lets our paint instructors get feedback from all of you regarding potential future classes, outside of Paint-A-Palooza!
After check in you will pick your table. You do not have to pick your seat prior to the event as in previous years.
Why Are We Making These Changes
As our business grows and evolves, our events must evolve with us. We want to spread out the fun opportunities for the painting community by offering more frequent events throughout the year.
Mark your calendars for all three Paint-A-Palooza 2024 events this year. Tickets for Summer and Fall events will go on sale at a later date.
- Paint-A-Palooza Spring 2024: March 16th, 2024
- Paint-A-Palooza Summer 2024: July 13th, 2024
- Paint-A-Palooza Fall 2024: October 5th, 2024
You must purchase a $25 Paint-A-Palooza Spring 2024 event ticket to participate in the event. The rest of the sub-events for this Spring event are free to sign up for as long as you have the main ticket. Any signups for the free challenges that do not also have a Paint-A-Palooza Spring 2024 ticket will be removed.
Your Ticket Comes With
- Entry to the Paint-A-Palooza Spring 2024 event on March 16th, 2024
- Claiming a seat for the entire day
- Fun painting challenges throughout the day
- Paint Instructors available to teach, answer questions, and offer advice
- Paint products to demo
- Bring Your Best competition drop-off
- Discounts at Cardboard Corner Cafe and TableTop Game & Hobby
- Fun time with your painting peers
Spring Schedule of Events
- 10am: Check-in and Bring Your Best Drop-off (Bring Your Best entries will not be accepted after 11am.)
- 12pm – 3pm: Wacky Paint Fight (All participants receive the same model and have access to some themed “wacky” bits they have to include in their piece)
- 4pm – 7pm: Spring Palette Challenge (All Participants receive the same model and must incorporate a “spring”/ “pastel” color palette for their piece)
- 7pm: Bring Your Best Awards
- 8pm – 10pm: The People VS Instructors (Participants will face off against a Paint Instructor in a fun paint challenge)
*Please only RSVP to the events if you are also purchasing a ticket.*
What to Bring
- A project or two to work on while we all hangout and paint together
- Curated paint and materials selection for those projects (Only you can help prevent painter sprawl)
- A light
If you forget something, it’s almost guaranteed someone at the event will have what you need. Steve (Reiner72) has even offered his paints up as tribute, should the need arise.We may ask you to return some things to your car if there is excess.
Bring Your Best – Escalation
Since we are splitting up the Paint-A-Palooza events throughout the year, we have the opportunity to do a cool “escalation” style Bring Your Best event. The escalation refers the size and scope of each piece, and not the need to participate in all three events. Bring Your best Participants can attend enter
Here is the structure:
- PaP Spring 2024: 40mm base or less single figure
- PaP Summer 2024: Cohesive Unit, 3 – 20 models (party, unit, group of something that is cohesive), individually based and presented together. This is NOT a diorama
- PaP Fall 2024: Bring your BEST (entire piece must fit inside of a 12inch cube.)
Participant submissions will be due first thing on the Saturday morning of the PaP event. Judging will take place throughout the day, and winners will be announced that evening. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places will win custom made wooden plaques as testament to their achievements. Their models will also be displayed in TableTop’s display case!